It is that time of year again for possibly one of the most sex filled holidays on record. Unless of course you count any time you can wrap yourself up as a present. Oh, and Halloween where it seems like the challenge is how to end up with the least amount of clothes and still call it a “costume”. I think my costume of just a pirate patch is amazing.
Although, we have defiantly made the V-Day into an epic candy, flower and card filled holiday, it didn’t start off that way. It actually has some VERY dark roots dating back to the time of the Romans.
From Feb. 13 to 15, the Romans celebrated the feast of Lupercalia. The men sacrificed a goat and a dog, then whipped women with the hides of the animals they had just slain.
The Roman romantics were drunk and they were naked. Young women would actually line up for the men to hit them. They believed this would make them fertile.
This puts a whole BDSM flavor on the holiday. Way to spice it up Rome!
This holiday is intended to be about love. But putting such a nasty restriction on such a yummy event seems silly.
I believe that when we celebrate, especially highly commercialized holidays, it should have a list of things we are celebrating with someone you at least kinda know. So for this Valentine’s Day here is the Dalia list of 5 reasons to give a card, present or sex:
- Orgasms – This is the number one reason to celebrate. If you are given them, then acknowledge the hell out of the one bestowing these gifts.
- Oral – Hopefully this one goes with #1, but good oral should always be celebrated.
- Kissing – Someone who is an amazing kisser should be worshiped.
- Fondling – A good fondle can go a long way. Make sure you give a good acknowledgement of a job well done when you are stimulated.
- Hug – Being hugged right can push you into zone. If that happens make sure the hugger knows to keep up the good work.
I also think that when you masturbate and blow your own mind, this might be worthy of a box of your favorite caramels.
#Whoretip: You can have an amazing holiday without the pressure of deciding how to not do too much and also do just enough… to get you off!
I hope you have many good celebrations this V-Day!
P.S. If you want to read more fun stuff on the not so chocolate filled holiday click here.